Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sad News

For all of you ZDB loyal readers (and I know you are legion), I have sad news. The German federal state is making me leave in exactly 17 days. Mostly this is sad news for me, but it also means I will no longer be able to publicly make fun of things about Germany and the US and get away with it because, hey, I'm an expat Eurobum.

Leaving Germany has brought about a lot of emotions and thoughts for me. Of course I will be happy to see my family and friends again and I will miss everyone here, but what's really keeping me up at night are question like what am I going to do with all these perfectly good pillows I have or how will I ever be motivated to recycle plastic without the Pfand system?

And currently, the greatest question of them all is how am I ever going to know what to buy without Stiftung Warentest or Ökotest ratings??


I mean look at all this toothpaste! How will I even know where to begin without the rigorous testing and straightforward, honest labeling?




This leaving Germany thing is definitely reaching crisis level.

No comments:

Post a Comment